Friday, June 18, 2010

10/20/30 and a bike

A bit rushed in the morning...had an hour to kill before going to an awards assembly at school. So did a WOD...everytime I think it won't be that bad, it is. 10, 20, 30 of box jumps, squats, burpees and knee pushups. Substituted the box jumps with double the step ups (10 on each leg, 20, etc...) due to a chair that was about to break - time was 14:48. The sequence of the exercises was what made it hard...going from the squats to burpees was difficult and then after doing the burpees going into push-ups, the arms were hurting.

After sitting for 1 1/2 hours in a hot gymnasium, I decided to get on my bike. Beautiful but warm out - I knew I didn't want to ride inside today although the plan said 3/6/9/12 miles - I knew I had to ride for a while so why not take it outside. It was a different ride for me today - the odometer wasn't working so I just had my watch and I went. I took a route I hadn't done in a long time and it was fabulous - I enjoyed every minute. Came home after 2 hours 2 minutes and mapped it out to see how far - 37.2 miles - it didn't seem like I had gone that far. Avg mph works out to 18.6. Pleased. : )

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing. I tell myself oh this isn't going to be that bad. and it always is! at least we get through it! nice work!

    ReplyDelete