Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Short and tough

Does anyone ever feel like sometimes the workouts are just too short? Today was that type of day - maybe it was because I wanted more time to myself since the kids have another snow day. I'm not saying that the workouts aren't hard enough, just that I feel like going longer.

1st workout was the 50 step ups/40 box jumps/30 situps/20pushups (knees)/10 burpees x 2 - total time was 13:16. I always feel terrible on these WODs...the box jumps and burpees put me at a heavy breathing state.

2nd workout - 4 x 800M with 2 minutes rest in between. Times were 3:28, 3:25, 3:23 and 3:19...pushed the last one and almost fell off the treadmill..held 8.9 for the first and then increased speed each 1/2 mile.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever thought a CF workout was too short. Of course, ask me at mile 140 and I may say something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wonder about the protocol, but I do push myself harder than I ever pushed myself before Max introduced me to crossfit. I'm stronger and faster - let's see if that correlates well to a long distance event. I suspect it will. I will let you know how Sunday goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, even Fran, was like an eternity for me after yesterdays 13.1 miles.
    You can expend more time socializing at the gym if you want to :)
    PLEASE DO NOT GIVE CRAZY IDEAS TO MAX, PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete