Monday, February 8, 2010

My arms are crying

It was a bit chaotic today trying to fit the workouts in...I give all of you who have to go to work lots of credit for fitting in these workouts and staying motivated. I don't know how you do it. I had to do it today since I was subbing from 8:30-3:30. The first workout (pre-work)was the pool...I was looking forward to it, even though I knew it would be shorter. Did the warmup and main set was 4x400's descend (thanks for the set idea Martin)...times were 5:34, 5:32, 5:30, 5:27. I was pleased and pleasantly surprised that the times were going down since I had some anger I was going through. On the 2nd 400, the lady at the pool (who is an anal woman) started cleaning the deck with some chemical that makes you honestly feel sick. I should have told her to stop, but I didn't want to take a break in the workout. When I finished, I let her know that in a pool, swimmers smell everything and taking in a breath of that putrid air when trying to push a set is not a good thing. I'd love to see what would happen if she pulled that move during a HS workout!

So I finish the day at school and get home to the shuttling of kids (+one missed the bus)...it wasn't a good day to do that. As they all got dropped off with Max for the cross-fit session, I had an hour to get to the gym for WOD #2. This is where my arms were crying. 100 pull-ups for time. Seriously? Ok - I use the gravitron because I can't do one on my own. It worked out that I pulled 60# and kept that weight the whole time. I wasn't out of breath because by the 50th one, I could barely get 3 up in a row without taking a break. This was hard and painful. My final time was 13:28...again- kudos to Dan who did all of them in a shorter time frame with his own body weight. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a great weight on the machine - I am so not strong with upper body - my arms, 3.5 hrs later are still feeling the pullups.

    ReplyDelete