Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First brick in a long time

I know what you're all saying...haven't seen one of those on the plan yet, right? I warmed up with a 1500m row to get everything going and then jumped on the same bike I always do at the gym. It was a 25K TT today - I knew it was going to be hard, since I felt a bit tired in my legs from the wall balls yesterday. I started off hard and that was a good thing...I worked it and ended up with a time of 37.22 (which beat my time from 2/2 by 35 seconds)..totally happy with it. Avg. mph-24.98, 154 avg. heartrate and held it mostly at level 15/16.

After that bike, just didn't feel like stopping the sweat and wanted to see what the legs would feel like after a hard bike. Not too bad, but only ran 2 miles. Held 8:30 minute miles just to feel it out. So today's workout to me qualifies as a brick. And it was a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Nice run after the bike Christina! Your running seems to be improving so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dan...only time will tell. So nervous..signed myself up for a marathon at the end of March. One large hump to overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll be great. I have a ton of faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the bike Christina, your times are definitely what I am chasing :)

    ReplyDelete