Friday, July 2, 2010

early ride

Another beautiful day...while I love the sun, I sometimes wish for a day of rain to catch up on all those errands or maybe see a movie with the kids. Got up early again this morning...I was tired, but knew it had to get done. Had a 50K on tap so headed out around 6:30am while kids were still sleeping. Managed to get in 44 miles in 2 hours and 38 minutes...the ride was great, but once again, I had no odometer to check speed/distance/time so I went off my stop watch and then mapped out the route when I got home. It took me about 20 minutes to warm up the legs, especially starting off with some fairly big hills going up 309 and out toward barkhamsted.

It's now 6:30pm and I am ready for bed. Sad.

3 comments:

  1. I've never gone 2 bed as early as I have been lately! I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. be careful what you wish for...
    LP 2008... :O

    you guys are getting so close — the reward for all your hard work comes soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree w/Pam- be careful what you wish for :)

    ReplyDelete