Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2 days after

Okay, so I'm still a little bit sore- not so much in the upper body, but the legs are tired. But overall, I thought I wouldn't even be able to walk, so I'm in a good place right now. I have doubted cross-fit for a long time, but I truly believe that my legs survived the day because of it! Crazy to think back and know that I had never done more than 56 miles of biking, and while I had done a marathon to feel out the distance, the months leading up to LP only included about 3 miles of running a week.

I think back to the days when Max trained for an ironman and would sit on a bike in the basement for 5 hours at a time. I don't think I could have trained that way (nor would I have wanted to) - it would have caused some serious stress and crankiness to try and figure out how to fit that kind of training into my life. As I slowly get my body back, I will be ready to continue with cross-fit, but also make sure I include some scenic bikes and runs that clear my head.

Today, I needed to move. Yesterday I did a little walking and this morning I got in a nice 40 minute swim to get the legs are arms going again. It felt so refreshing, but I'm still tired. I may try and get on the bike also, but the butt is probably still not ready to sit on the saddle again. Just playing it by ear and enjoying the sunshine and chillin' with friends by the lake...this is the life.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your report Christina :). You are so right that LP is a special place to do this race — I would guess absolutely like no other... I'm thinking another go 'round in 2012... YOU IN??! ;)

    Also, congrats on actually peeing on the bike. I just have not been able to make this happen tho I've tried like heck!

    But serious... you executed an amazing race! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete