Sunday, July 4, 2010

3 weeks from today

That's race day. Aside from having some night awakenings due to bad dreams, this morning I woke up really early with not such a good feeling in the chest. I told Max that it might have been due to some anxiety over what's to come - had a hard time getting a good solid breath in. I am getting nervous, as normal, but it's starting way too early. Need to do some mental thoughts and good breathing exercises...that's on my to do list.

Today was a long run. I have been wanting to do this 9.3 mile run for a while, but have been intimidated by the hills...up 309 and into Westledge and HighRidge. So off i went. It really wasn't as bad as I thought. Even though the first 1/2 of it was all up hill, coming back was pretty much the opposite. I felt pretty good and ran every hill without stopping. Total time was 1:28.

Lake Placid- here I come.

3 comments:

  1. You're going to do great. Glad you got that run done as I can totally relate. REV3 left me really doubting the run, but I ran solid the other night at Lake T and that helps my confidence tremendously!

    I know its hard to imagine, but when the canon goes off at LP, you'll just do it. And once you get going, all the nervousness falls away. You just get on task and do it, one stroke, one pedal, one step at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice run Christina! I think you said it best in your post, "It wasn't as bad as I thought". Focus on the positive, You will be awesome at Lake Placid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your feeling more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete