Friday, July 16, 2010

Cycling Concepts in Rocky Hill Rocks!

Cycling Concepts called yesterday to let me know my bike was ready. So after dropping off Sutton at camp, doing my run, getting the kids off to ironworks and dropping a friend off in Bloomfield at a doctor's appointment, I headed down to Rocky Hill. All before 12 - phew.

I get there and Sondra proceeds to tell me it's ready, but that as he was taking off the wheel, an important part of it crumbled away due to corrosion. That being said, I started to panic and asked if it would at least get me through the race and he said "sure it would" with a smirk on his face. Well...a few seconds later, they roll in this bike that doesn't even look like mine. It's got zipp racing wheels on it. They decided that since it would be a bit of a fix and that the race is next week, they're letting me borrow the wheels for Lake Placid. Oh, so relieved and so excited at the same time!

Had I not brought it in, some serious damage to myself and the bike could have occurred during the race! Dan, Dave and Sondra at Cycling Concepts - you rock!! Thanks for getting me through next week!! I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm out there in style and speed!

3 comments:

  1. Agree - they are the only bike shop that understands what service really is. I am going in on Tuesday one last time to tweak my bike - Dan is fitting me into his busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice about the zipps! Those guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete