Tuesday, July 13, 2010

20K bike and squats

It wouldn't be right if I didn't say the nerves have started...the countdown clock for LP says 11 days, 18 hours....it is right around the corner. I have had dreams just about every night focusing on different parts of the race, along with some strange twists. I guess it's just my mind/body preparing me for whatever the day will bring :)

Today's workouts:
20K @ 80%. Shoulders still a little sore and legs still sore too, but hoping the bike would loosen things up. Odometer was off today by a smidge so ended up doing 13.88 miles in 41.20...average of 20.2 mph. Finished in 56.30 - 18.6 miles: avg mph 19.8. Felt pretty good coming off bike.

Later: 3x5 sets of back squats. Started off with my heaviest weight to see how far I could go...135 x 2, 145 x 2 and 155. The legs were quivering on all of it. When I was done I just squated with 45lbs and it felt like a PVC pipe. Finished with a few back and side extensions. Now off to shower because I can't stand the smell of myself.

2 comments: