Friday, April 9, 2010

All over the place

I struggled today in the pool. My triceps were so sore it was difficult to feel any part of my stroke. I mustered through 2300 yards with the main set of 5 x100's pull, 5x100's kick (fins) and 8x50's with fins swim.

Went to the gym. It said 100pull ups for time. I wasn't ready for that. I hit the treadmill and did a 5K - while I started off just running, by .2 miles I wanted to push it a little, so I ended up descending within each mile which gave me a final time of 24.23. It's an okay time, but I felt pretty good the whole time and the fact that I could continue to increase the speed says a lot about my endurance. Amazing how short 3 miles is after 26.2.

Then I went upstairs to the gravitron and stared it down. While I was not up for time trial version of pullups, I did want to get them in. I ended up pulling 1/2 the weight of what I did last time and did the 100. Back down to the treadmill for 1 mile on a 5% incline to work the legs a bit more and then done. I think tomorrow will be a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment