Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Soreness had set into my arms overnight...I don't think it was from riding in the aero position (although my neck is a little sore too), but I still think Fran is having an impact. Ugh...those darn pull-ups and thrusters. So today, I went to the gym a little later knowing that I'd like as few people there as possible when I'm supposed to do burpees - I tried one before starting and ouch, my arms. Anyway, thankfully, there were not many there yet.

Today the WOD was 70% of max squat weight x 5, 10 burpees, and 15 squats as many times as you can in 15 minutes. The weight I put on was 75 pounds- total rounds completed was 9 on the nose. The squats definitely became more difficult toward the end, but I felt more flexible and got lower as my body was warmer. Heartrate was up there and feet were burning from movement of burpees for some strange reason.

Took a quick breather and jumped on a treadmill for workout #2. 4 x 800's at 80% effort...I was pleased with the results. 3:39, 3:37, 3:36 and 3:33 (with these times it was probably closer to 90% effort). I wasn't trying to descend them, my legs were just feeling more loose by the end and I also just wanted to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment