Thursday, January 7, 2010

Deadly lifting

Thought I'd feel a little more rested after going to bed around 9:30 last night, but nope. Today was a swim day with a deadlift workout. I hate deadlifts. The last time I did them, I thought I had thrown my back out - it turns out 3 days later I was fine. So right now in posting this, my back is sore again...already...and only an hour after doing the workout.

The pool is my sanctuary...so peaceful, so I don't mind going and today there was no one there when I got in. A little lonely and more difficult to swim alone, but I'm getting used to it. It does get a little mindless so sometimes I end up racing the older folks there to some extent so that I maintain some focus (sad, I know)- that, and singing songs endlessly...today was an Adam Lambert song. Today I put in a bit of distance-4200 yards with the main set being different size ladders (50/100/150/200 and back down with 50s being on a set interval of 45sec.) I'm slowly starting to feel my stroke a little better in the pool...I lost it so quickly after staying out of the water for 3 weeks, and 2 times a week is probably not enough, but it will have to do for now.

I gave myself a little time before heading to the gym. Again, let me repeat... I hate deadlifts. I warmed up, and racked the bar with weight. Today I probably held back a little, lifting 115 lbs (I think Max expects me to lift a bit more), but that was plenty once I started going. Eventually I'll attempt to lift more, but the pain I feel is enough to stop. Also, I think if I lifted more, my form would be so far off. So tonight, the plan is to stretch my back...and take some tylenol extra strength. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment