Sunday, January 17, 2010

A change of pace

It was nice to get outside today for a long run, although it was a lot different running in the street versus on the treadmill. For me it seems easier to push myself on the treadmill and also, being on a treadmill, I would have better access to water and a bathroom which are two things I could have used today. I wasn't 100% ready for the tiredness in my quads and at times it was hard to catch my breath..it's definitely a rolling course. I felt pretty good up to mile 6 and then the rest of the way felt forever...the pace definitely slowed and I would have liked to have stopped, but I put those thoughts out of my head and focused on the fact that it wouldn't be long before it was all over. I completed 10.3 miles in 93 minutes...that's 9 minute miles. That is slower than I would have like to have gone, but I'm just glad that I got some fresh air and that the workout's done. Until next week...hopefully I'll get out again to try and beat that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment