Thursday, January 28, 2010

Better than expected

I woke up this morning feeling crappy. I felt like I had not slept - I must have checked the clock at least 6 times, plus opened the windows due to my overheating. And when the alarm woke me at 6, it was one of those days where I just wanted to lay there. I was sore, still, and my body is just tired. And my throat was bothering me a bit. I know...lots of complaining. But then I went to the pool. I was thinking that this probably is not such a good idea for today, but it turned out to be one of the better workouts I've had. I was thrilled.

My stroke still didn't feel great, but I was rotating my shoulders a bit more and that seemed to help me keep my pace going. I warmed up and then did 5x200's on 3:15 - times were 2:43, 2:43, 2:41, 2:41 and 2:38 (i hadn't been there since last year). Then after a quick stretch, did 5x100's on 1:45 and held 1:17, 1:17, 1:16, 1:17 and 1:16...my arms and legs were tired after this, but I had to finish with one more main set to round it out. Last one was 5x50's on 1 minute - times were :37/:37/:37/:36/:36. I was really happy with today's swim - ttl yards 3500.

2nd workout: 250 squats for time....5:41. Beat last time by 4 seconds. I'll take it. Calgon take me away...after i get some shoveling done. :)

4 comments:

  1. How long are you at the pool when you swim 3500 yards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christina - where do you swim?
    I may need to watch an expert soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martin and Erica - I'm at Westminster...anyone is welcome to join me. It's lonely. 3500 yds takes me about an hour with sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Christina! It could take me an hour to do the 1.2 miles in my race!! BTW, I am really impressed with your squat time.

    ReplyDelete