Monday, January 11, 2010

One tough gal

I'm talking about Helen. She was on my schedule for today and it didn't look too bad...400M run, 21 25 lb KB swings, and 12 pull ups (3x). I was wrong - huffing and grunting; it was not pretty. I suffered mostly on the run to KB swings trying to catch my breath and then the pull-ups became difficult to complete after the 1st round (pull-ups were done on the gravitron again with 60lbs). Final time - 11:46. That's all it took to get blisters and tired legs and arms.

I had to swim today too. Usually I'd do that first, but I thought I'd get my CF WOD out of the way. Well, after fighting Helen, I was fighting myself in the pool as well. My legs just floated behind me because they were too tired to kick and the feel in the water was not the same. I got 3000 yds in - warmed up and main set was 10x100s on 1:40 - held anywhere between 1:23 and 1:20. Not out of breath entirely, but just having trouble grabbing the water. Even back in HS and college, whenever I did any lifting, I always had a little frustration in the water afterwards. Glad when it was over.

1 comment:

  1. I might have to toast Helen and Dan, my hubby whose birthday is today during the birthday dinner - Ha!)

    ReplyDelete