Friday, January 15, 2010

Thank you hubby.

Just finished. Showered and ready to have a beer. 2 workouts to get in quickly between kids coming home and getting them to their sports. 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of burpees, squats, sit ups was the first. It was nice to do it in my own home, although I had my son watching me do the squats and telling me to get lower - I listened. He's been doing cross-fit with Max for a while now and they do a lot of squats and burpees. After burpees, I just can't seem to catch my breath, but I loved going down in number vs. going up...final time was 7:57.

Second workout today was 1 mile on bike with 1 minute off. I am happy to report that Max got me another odometer and I'm back on the trainer...I need to cover it when I ride since I sweat so badly, otherwise I'll destroy another one. Anyway, I wasn't sure how it was going to go...I started off pedaling all out and realized I was only going 9 mph and it took me over 3 minutes to do 1/2 a mile. Obviously, something was not set right. So I looked over the computer, reset the baby, and started again. I jammed the first one at 2:02 (held between 28.6-30 mph) and after that it was just trying to see if I could hold that pace. Thank god for 1 minute rests. The next 11 were consistent...2:02, 2:02, 2:03, 2:02, 2:04, 2:03, 2:04, 2:05, 2:05, 2:03 and 2:00...final time of 24:35...if I were in a race I'd definitely take that time for 12 miles, but I know it'll never happen with hills and pacing myself for the run.

While it was a late in the day workout, an unusual time for me, it was a good one. Another rest day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment