Friday, January 22, 2010

one good, one not so good

I love this CF workout...500 row/400 run (5x) - it's a mental one where you are just counting down until you're done. One annoying part of it is that at my gym there is only 1 rower, so I feel as if I'm constantly guarding it while I'm running. Today was no different; during my first round, while I'm on the treadmill, a guy jumps on the rower...ugh! I kindly yelled over that I'm in the process of using it and I'll be done in 15 minutes. He looked a little pissed but got off...so I did my thing and threw a water bottle on my treadmill and took off my ipod and dumped it next to the rower to claim my territory...it worked. I finished in 21:19. Heartrate was between 170-180 (taking my pulse for 6 seconds x 10)-that's my monitor. One thing that I did notice on my last rowing round was that the resistance was at 10...should have checked that first since I've been rowing at 4, which is the olympic standard on a rower. Oh well. I'll just chalk it up to working harder.

The second workout - just didn't have the motivation to push as hard as I should have. I still had my heartrate in the 150-160 range, but the trainer is just boring. 5 minutes on, 1 off (x3) - distance was 2.12/2.27/2.29. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment