Monday, September 13, 2010

Madison Triathlon

Very happy with the race...not much exciting to report. I seemed to hit almost the same times as last year in all the disciplines..total time 1:22.07. The race seemed a bit slower this year with times being off by a few minutes. I placed as 6th woman over all. I started the race being a little annoyed with my swim when I saw an old swimmate (from my young years) beat me without a wetsuit. Cranked on the bike, pushing it more than usual and got off the feeling good although I tweated something in my lower back - entering into the run, I was in 2nd. A few ladies passed me, of course, with ease on the run, but I hung on as best as I could. I placed 1st in my age group and got a lovely sweatshirt for it! I love this race and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful. A bit chilly on the bike with wet clothing, but all good : ) That was it for the season...I still have not even determined what I will be doing in 2011. No focus...we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! First in AG is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job - perfect way to end your season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did great! congrats! Enjoy your sweatshirt it will be weather for that soon!

    ReplyDelete